Tuesday, August 4, 2026

TUMTaRA Rollback

 

This will be a bit of an unconventional post, but I'm doing this because of a recent update to one of the most valuable mods on the Workshop, The Ultimate Mod Testing and Review Area (TUMTaRA). Since August 3, this has been receiving updates that have been breaking the map for people. I haven't tested the new version myself, but the comments section is full of people having stability issues or other specific problems with functionality in the map.

I have nothing against the mod author, MrFunreal, and in fact I find the previous version of the map extremely valuable. I'm sure many other people do, as well. So there are a couple things I want to share here. 

First, if you are subscribed to TUMTaRA and launch Left 4 Dead 2 with an active internet connection, the game will AUTOMATICALLY UPDATE the map and the previous version will be replaced by the updated one. There is no way to roll it back yourself once this has happened. You can get around this by moving the map file (469986973.vpk) out of the addons\workshop folder and simply moving it into your addons folder. After that, you'll probably want to unsubscribe from the Workshop item, at least until the builds are more stable.

Second, I have decided to upload the version of TUMTaRA (Main) from before the update to my Mediafire account. This is because MrFunreal has stated that he doesn't have that version anymore. This Workshop version is dated April 11, 2026 and according to the update notes on the Workshop, its last update was Dec 8, 2025. I have tested this and it has proper functionality.

You can find the link here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ip10lq70q3f18ih/tumtara_pre-update.rar/file 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment